|Member of the|
Federation of Genealogical Societies
The name "Middlesex" is shown on
the 1789 map of Christopher Colles.
Vertical road is Old Kings Hwy. N.
N is north
x is Congregational Church
Z is Brookside Road
47 is miles from Federal Hall
Scofield is Darien Historical Society
Squiggly arrow is Goodwives River
Y is Sedgewick Avenue (to Oxridge)
The Middlesex Genealogical Society was established in 1982. The name "Middlesex" is derived from Middlesex Parish, the original name by which Darien, Connecticut, was known before becoming incorporated in 1820. The society's founders were from Darien and chose "Middlesex" to honor the town. . . . More History.
The Society is registered with the State of Connecticut, thereby giving members access to vital records at town and city record offices in Connecticut.
MGS needs your help. We do not require a large time commitment. Come to a Board meeting to see what it's like. Please consider participating. Call Peter Biggins at 203-655-3694 to discuss your interests and how you would like to help.
Board of Directors et al.
The Board of Directors meets normally in the Conference Room on the mezzanine floor of the Darien Library. Meetings are open to all members. Our next meetings are scheduled for:
Following is a list of Officers and Directors, as well as non-directors who work regularly with the directors. See Contacts for their phone and email.
A director is elected by the Board for a term that lasts until the third Annual Meeting next following or coincident with the election. A director may be reelected for two more three-year terms. After three terms, a director may not be reelected until one year has elapsed from the end of the director's third term. The list below shows the last year of each director's current three-year term followed by the number of the term currently being served (I, II, or III).
- Monday, January 22, 2018, 7:00 pm
- Monday, February 26, 2018, 7:00 pm
- Monday, April 30, 2018, 7:00 pm
- Monday, June 4, 2018, 7:00 pm
- Monday, September 10, 2018, 7:00 pm
- Monday, October 15, 2018, 7:00 pm
- Monday, December 3, 2018, 7:00 pm
- Monday, January 21, 2019, 7:00 pm
- Monday, February 25, 2019, 7:00 pm
- Monday, April 29, 2019, 7:00 pm
- Monday, June 3, 2019, 7:00 pm
Officers and Directors
- Peter Biggins, 2018 III, President and Webmaster
- Leonard Christie, 2018 III, Vice President-Programs
- Pamela Shea, 2019 I, Secretary
- John Driscoll, 2019 II, Treasurer and Newsletter Editor
- Sally Ijams, Darien Library Liaison
- Blanche Parker, Darien Library Liaison
- Mary Lavins, 2018 I, Email Communications
- Tara Finn Forschino, 2019 II, Social Director
- Robert Martinelli, Membership Director, 2020 I
- Keeley Kriskey, 2017 II
- Robert E. "Pete" Kenyon III, 2018 I, Past Vice President-Programs
- Stephen Haywood, 2020 I
- Edward O'Hara, 2020 I
- Lloyd Sturges, 2018 I, Past President
There is an Annual Meeting of Members that includes a brief financial report and election of Directors. The next Annual Meeting is Saturday, November 10, 2018.
MGS operates under By Laws updated January 6, 2014 and originally adopted May 10, 1983.
Job and Committee Descriptions